Written by a former Sydney Morning Herald editor with decades of experience across every field – from travel to technology – Dealing with Grumpy Editors explains what does and doesn’t work when it comes to pitching story ideas and press releases to the media.
- how to write press releases that will grab an editor’s interest
- how to pitch stories
- the danger of offering exclusives
- the real reasons why some stories don’t make it to press
- understanding what makes editors tick
- what information editors and journos need from PR
- what to do – and not do – when calling an editor
- what should be on a PR’s and client’s website
- how to handle media requests
- interviews (and how to give good quotes)
- PR damage control tips.
Price: AUD$4.99 for the ebook and US$5.99 for the paperback